Today we will see how to change the name on Telegram for Android. Telegram is an instant messaging application that has had great success around the world, so much so that from the Play Store alone you can count up to over a billion downloads. There are more than 500 million users who use the Telegram app every day worldwide, so there are a lot of them and they tend to increase as time goes by. Telegram, in addition to sending chat messages between users, also allows the possibility of making video calls, participate in groups and especially from way to be able to use the platform with great attention to what concerns the privacy of the user. It may happen, however, that you want to change your name on Telegram because for privacy issues you would like to keep your name hidden from strangers who use the platform so that you cannot be found or do not let strangers know your real name. Whatever the reason you would like to change your name on Telegram, we are here to help you and in the guide you will find below we will show you all the steps you can follow to easily make the change.
If you use the Telegram app to communicate via chat with your friends, fans, clients, co-workers, etc., you know that they can add you as a new contact by searching for the name that is displayed. Therefore, you can make use of your full name to allow an easier search of your profile. If you don’t like to use your name for privacy reasons, Telegram gives you the possibility to use a nickname or alias to better protect the true identity of the person behind your profile, in this way strangers you don’t know and who don’t know your nickname, won’t be able to find you on Telegram by doing a search. If you’re using your real first and last name on Telegram and now you want to change it to a nickname, continue reading this guide where I’ll show you below all the steps that are required to be able to change the name that is displayed on Telegram. The guide can be used to change the name on Telegram not only for Android and other mobile devices compatible with the app like iPhone, but also for the version in use on computers. So let’s see below all the steps to follow to change the name on Telegram for Android.
How to change name on Telegram for Android: the steps to follow to change your name on Telegram on Android devices
If you’re tired of being found on Telegram by other users who know your real name or if in groups between strangers you want to remain anonymous and now you’ve decided for privacy issues to use a nickname so you can no longer be easily traced, you can edit your personal profile and update the displayed name with another of your liking. Telegram in fact, allows you to be able to choose whether to use your full name so that you can be tracked on the platform more easily by those who know you or you can use a fancy name, depending on what you want others to see and the level of privacy you want to achieve when using the Telegram app.
Whether you’re using Telegram on a mobile device such as an Android smartphone or on your home computer, you can always change your profile name at any time and to one of your liking if you wish. If you want to change your name on Telegram for Android, continue reading the guide that you will find below as you will find all the necessary steps to do so:
- First you need to access the Telegram app that you have installed on your Android phone.
- Now you need to access the Menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines as shown in the picture and that you can find in the upper left corner of the screen
- You should now see a side window, from which you can select different items. Tap on Settings or alternatively from the same menu you can tap directly on the circular icon of your profile that you find at the top of the screen
- Now tap on More options (icon with three dots) that you can find in the top right corner of the screen
- At this point you can select with a touch Edit name to access the screen from which you can change the name of your personal profile
- Now you can replace your current name with the one you want to use, it can be a nickname or an alias, the name of your company, etc.. Once you’ve set the new name, Tap the checkmark that you can find in the top right corner to save the changes
- These just seen are all the steps you can use to change your display name on Telegram for Android, but they can also be used for other mobile devices, such as iPhones, but in that case, you might expect the fact that the app has a slightly different interface from the version released for Android.
How to change your name on Telegram for Android: steps to follow to change your name on Telegram on computers
After seeing how to change your name on Telegram for Android, let’s see instead the steps that are required to be able to change your name on Telegram for the computer. So let’s see how to proceed in this case:
- From your computer, log in to your Telegram account
- Now press on the Menu icon that you find at the top left of the screen
- Search and when you find it with a tap select the Settings item
- Once you see the Settings window on your screen, click with your mouse on Edit Profile
- Now, from your profile information page, you have to click with the mouse on your current name in order to edit it
- Replace your new name with the one you wish to use and click Save to apply the changes
- Once you’ve managed to update your profile name, the change will immediately be reflected in your account and other users will see your new name instead of your old one, a name that can now also be used to find you on Telegram. Should you change your mind, remember that you can always change your name on Telegram at any time, so just repeat the steps just seen above to update your name with another one you like.
How to change your name on Telegram for Android: conclusions
Now that you know how to update your display name on Telegram, you can change it to any other name you want. You can choose to enter your full name or a nickname or alias. Do you also want to know how to hide your phone number on Telegram? Then I suggest you also read this other guide to get an even higher level of privacy for your account. Until the next guide.