Twitch is a social network in which you can do Streaming in a simple way, it is used by a large number of people around the world, but like any other application over time it can seem boring and unnecessary and, therefore, many people make the decision to delete or deactivate the account.
If you are one of these people you are in the right place, because in the following article we will show you the differences of these actions as well as the procedure to apply them quickly and easily.
What is the difference between deleting and deactivating a Twitch account?
Before you start the process of deleting or deactivating Twitch account it is good for you to know the following points:
Consequences of deleting my Twitch account.
If you delete your Twitch account you will not be able to recover it, you will no longer appear in their network, all the personal information stored in it will be deleted, this includes the followers you have and the existing videos in it.
What happens if I deactivate my Twitch account?
If you decide to deactivate your Twitch account, you will be able to recover it whenever you want just by applying the corresponding method. If you deactivate your account, your data will no longer appear in the social network, but it will keep them registered as well as the videos you have in them and the followers, when you reactivate the account, they will be the same as when you deactivated it.
Procedure to permanently delete my Twitch account
For the final deletion of your Twitch account you have to do it from a browser, either from your computer or mobile, because the option to delete the account is not available for mobile applications, the procedure for removal is as follows:
- Enter the official Twitch account deletion page, from your favorite browser, you can use any.
- In the Account to delete option, enter the username of the account you want to delete.
- If you wish, indicate in the lower section the reason for deleting the account.
- At the bottom of the page you will find the option Delete account, click on it with your mouse.
- A window will open in which you will be asked for the password of your account to confirm the deletion, after you enter it, click on the Verify option.
- You will be automatically redirected to the home page, you must reload to apply the deletion.
How do I temporarily deactivate my Twitch account?
If what you want is to stop seeing notifications temporarily from your Twitch account the best option you can take is to deactivate your account on the network, you must do it from the browser because like the account deletion option, the account deactivation option is not found in the mobile application, clarifying this, the steps for deactivation are as follows:
- Log in to your account from your favorite browser.
- Open your profile menu by clicking on the profile icon on the top right hand side.
- In the menu you opened you will find the Settings option located at the bottom.
- A new window will open in which you will find the option Deactivate my Twitch account, click on it.
- At the bottom of the opened screen you will find the option Disable account, select it.
- A new window will open, in it you will find several sections to fill out such as your account information and the reason for disabling.
- When you have finished filling out the information, click on the Deactivate account option.
- To confirm the deactivation of the account you must enter your account password in the pop-up window.
- Click on the Verify option to finish.
How can I re-enable my disabled Twitch account?
If you have disabled your Twitch account, you can recover it whenever you want, just follow the procedure below:
- Open the official Twitch website in your browser, either from a mobile device or a PC.
- Enter your username and password of the account as usual.
- After you do the above you will be shown a message informing you that the account you just entered is disabled, next to the message the option Reactivate, click on it.
- Then you will be shown another message informing you that your account has been reactivated correctly, enter home and you can perform all your activities normally including the one that helps you earn money with the streamings. It should be noted that all the information you had in this account will be the same as you left it.