The Signal application is a messaging network, in it you will have many options for privacy settings which you can use whenever you want to have downloaded the application.
One of these is the way to not see when you have seen a message for this you must disable the message reading. If you do not know how to do this you just have to stay reading this article, here we will tell you how to disable that a message was seen in Signal easily and quickly.
Table of Contents
What should you take into account before removing the viewed inside Signal?
Before setting the viewed settings in the Signal social network, you should take into account several criteria that will occur when you perform this action:
You will also not see if your message was viewed
When you send a new message in the Signal application in a group or in a normal chat you will be able to see when the other person has seen it. In the chat this action is reflected so that you are informed when they have seen your message, this happens if you have it activated. When you configure this option you will not see if your message has been seen.
At the time of removing your seen in the messages you will not have active the option to know if they have already seen your messages, now it will appear as if it was only delivered, so it is something that you should take into account, this action may not be convenient for you.
The sending, sent and delivered options do not change.
The messages of your Signal social network if the application is downloaded go through a series of changes, first it will tell you that you are sending, this happens when you have already written the message and pressed the send option, if you do not have internet here will remain the message until you connect to a network.
Then comes the option that says sent, in this is that if you had internet and managed to send, if the person you sent it to does not have internet it will remain in this option, now comes the option delivered, this is when you both have internet and the message is already in the inbox of your contact and finally comes the seen that means that they have already seen your publication.
By deactivating the viewed in settings you will be interrupting only the last part of the procedure, i.e. placing the message in viewed, the message will continue to appear as sent, sent and delivered, only the viewed will change.
You must have the latest version of the App
To be able to set the viewed configuration you must have the most current version of your application, if you do not have it it may not load correctly, to check if you have enabled any new version you just have to follow the following steps:
- Enter your download application according to your device, if you have an iPhone it will be Apple Store, but if you have an Android device your download store is Google Play Store.
- After being in this you must click on the downloaded applications.
- Search for updates and enter the Signal option, here you will be told if you can update something, if you can start at once.
What is the way to set up the watch inside Signal?
You can configure your cue within the Signal application very easily, you just need to have the application downloaded and start doing this procedure.
Within an iOS mobile
If you have an iOS device you can disable the Read Notifications so that it no longer appears when you have read a new message, this will be the way you can do it:
- Enter the application from the menu of your applications.
- Now you must click on the menu that you find on your main screen that says Settings.
- Now in the settings you will see an option that says ‘Privacy’, you must click on it.
- In this option you will find an option called Read notifications, in this you should press on its switch in order to deactivate them so that you no longer have any of these notifications.
- Now just go out and test your action.
If your device is Android
- Tap on your Signal app on your Android device.
- Enter your app settings found in your app’s menu.
- Then you need to click on the privacy option.
- Now look for the Read notifications checkbox.
- Click on the switch to turn this option off immediately.
- Now wait for the switch to change its position, when it does, just click on exit and confirm that the action was generated.
Where can I check that the configuration of the spot message in Signal has been done correctly?
Viewed messages are checked if the change was made correctly by going to your chat again, you must click on send a new message and wait for it to respond, if you still see that it was viewed it means that the option was not generated correctly. If this is the case, try the procedure again.
How do I re-enable the view in this application?
When you deactivate your view function in the Signal application you can also deactivate it whenever you want and have your messages in view again, this is the way you can do it:
- Log in to the app.
- Go to the Signal settings.
- There you will find the Privacy option.
- Click on it and click on the Read notifications option.
- Activate the function again and check if the option was generated.
Why isn’t Signal’s ticker removed after entering the settings?
If you can’t remove the tick in your Signal application it may be because you have not restarted your application, when you make an action of changes you must exit your application for it to be generated correctly, if not it may be because you don’t have your application updated, do it and regenerate the changes.