Learn how to make video calls with Google Duo. Google Duo is an application created by Google to make calls or video calls with your friends, on this platform you can video conference up to 30 people at a time, the only requirement is that you must access it with your Google account.
If you still do not know and do not know well what this App is about the first thing you should do is to find out what is Google Duo and how you should use it, once you have this information you will realize that making a video call from this platform is very simple, the first thing you should do is select the members and then click on ready to start the call.
How to install Google Duo to create your group video calls?
To install the Google Duo calling application, you must access the latest version of the Play Store and from there download it to your mobile device either Android or iOS, in some high-end devices this application is already installed previously, you just have to update the App to the latest version, so you can enjoy all the features that this platform has for you.
How to properly authenticate your Google Duo application?
When you have installed the application on your mobile device, it is necessary to verify your phone number, to do this just follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Duo account.
- Enter your phone number and click ‘OK’.
- The system will send a confirmation code which you must enter in the corresponding space and that’s it.
- In case you do not receive the confirmation code by text message, the platform gives you the option to request it through a phone call, once you confirm your account you can enjoy all that this App has to offer.
What steps do you need to take to create a group video call on Google Duo?
With Google Duo it is very easy to create a video call with your friends, you can do it from the version available for computers or from the application for mobile devices.
From Google Duo on your Windows or Mac PC
An interesting fact is that when you make calls from Google Duo on your computer you will not need your mobile device nearby because this App depends on your Google account and not your phone, to make a video call from your PC you just need to:
- Login to Google Duo.com.
- Select the contact, if it is already in your list just click on make a call or video call and that’s it.
- If it is a new contact, click on ‘Start a call’.
- Then enter their phone number or email and click on video call and that’s it.
Using Google Duo on your Android or iOS phone
To start a video call using Google Duo from your mobile device, just log in to your account and then follow the steps below:
- In Google Duo select the contact you want, if it is not registered just dial the number in the bar at the top of your phone.
- Select the option you want, if it is just a call click on the phone icon.
- If you want to make a video call, click on the camera icon and that’s it.
- In case you want to create a group just select the option ‘Create Group’ the application offers you the possibility to select 31 more people, just choose the people you want and then click on ‘Done’ to start the call click on ‘Start’ and you will be able to establish communication with the contacts you have selected.
What is the way to share and invite your colleagues to your meeting in Google Duo?
If you want to invite other people to your group video call, you can do it by sharing the link of the same, this can be shared through other social networks or through a text message, it is very simple you just have to:
- Log in to Google Duo and start the call.
- Copy the link or click on the ‘Share’ icon to share it.
- If you copy the link you can send it through a private message, another alternative is to share the link through other social networks, if the contact has the application installed on your device just select ‘Start’ and ready to join the video call. It works in a similar way to group video calls in WhatsApp.