Instagram is not just another social network, its tools and resources are very attractive to users, and that is why it is one of the applications that receives more downloads per day. This social network frequently renews and implements new logics to improve its performance.
Despite the efforts made by Instagram to make improvements and improvements, one of the most frequent errors, for which Instagram receives the most criticism and daily complaints, is that it does not accept message requests.
As is known, when a person does not belong to the list of your followers or you do not follow them either, and they want to send you a message, it will not reach you in the direct messaging box, but in order to see the message, you will have to accept the request. But, lately Instagram is not allowing this and this may be due to several reasons.
If you are having trouble accepting the message request, in this post we are going to give you some tips to keep in mind. We know that when some function is not running as it should it is something too annoying, especially when the malfunction becomes frequent and we have no solution so we encourage you to stay reading!
Table of Contents
What are the main reasons why you can’t accept messages in your account?
In principle, one of the main reasons is that Instagram usually makes updates, and therefore sometimes if we have not made the corresponding update we will begin to have problems, not only in this function but in others simultaneously.
That is why we recommend that you check your updates regularly. To do this you can go to your Play Store or App Store, and in the search engine type Instagram, there you can see ‘update’ or not. This way, you will be able to check if it is updated.
Although it may sound silly, you should first check that your mobile data is active or measure the speed of your wifi, you can check it in the control panel of your device.
On the other hand, check that your connection is not weak, because if it is, you will not be able to perform almost any activity on Instagram, whether comments, likes or accept message requests. In fact, the app will certainly malfunction in general. We recommend you to turn your mobile data/wifi off and on again, and also restart your mobile or PC.
Possible network crash
It is possible that, if after several attempts, you cannot use any function or perform any activity, the network is down. You should check in other applications or even try a web page to see if you can log in. In this case, you are in a position to say that the network is down, and it is a widespread problem.
Now, if you can access other web pages, but not Instagram, the problem is of this application, usually when this social network is down, so is Facebook and Whatsapp, since all three belong to the same company ‘META’.
How to fix this error to be able to accept your most recent requests?
We have already seen some reasons why you can’t accept message requests on your Instagram account, so it’s time to see some solutions to this problem. Now we will leave you with some methods to fix the problem of accepting most recent Instagram message requests. Remember that in order to see the message requests you will need to:
- Open Instagram.
- Go to direct messages as usual.
- In the top right corner you will see the ‘message request’ notifications.
- Here you will be able to view, delete or block requests.
Accepting requests from my Windows PC
Now, in case you can’t see them, you can do the following. It is rare that your mobile device presents this failure of not being able to accept requests, but if this happens to you do not worry, here I bring you the solution. If on your mobile device, you can not accept the requests, you can do it from the PC, for it:
- Open your browser on PC and log in to Instagram.
- Go to the direct messages box as usual. There you will be able to visualize, through notifications if you have ‘message request’, if so press on it.
- There you can choose between block, accept or delete. If you accept it, the person will know that you read it, if you block or delete it, you will not be able to read it.
- Using incognito mode
- You can activate and use incognito mode to access your message requests. This mode is used to keep certain issues private and also not appear in your history.
It is a good way to avoid cookies and saved cache. This way you can log in to Instagram as if it were the first time, without saved data and files. Once you are in incognito mode, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Instagram menu and click on ‘settings’.
- There select ‘notifications’ and then ‘messages’.
- A list of alternatives will appear, you will have to click on ‘message request’.
- There verify that they are enabled and you will be able to accept and read the message.
Deleting requests from the web page
You can delete requests from Instagram’s official website. It is one of the most used options and you will have no problem in being able to perform this or any other activity, and finally solve this problem. To do this you will need to:
- Go to Instagram from your browser.
- There you will have to log in with your usual username and password.
- Go to your direct messaging box and click on the ‘message request’ notification.
- Finally, you will be able to delete those message requests that were getting annoying.
- Now you know how to do it! Lastly we wanted you to keep in mind that message requests have a set amount of time to stay in your inbox. After 4 weeks if you have not blocked, accepted or deleted the message, it is automatically deleted, and you will not be able to see it again.