Learn how to connect the Echo Auto to my cars Bluetooth. Amazon Echo products have the ability to connect via Bluetooth in a simple way to all the devices for which they were programmed, such is the case of the Echo Auto. If you already have one available and want to connect it to your car, today we will show you the right way to do it without making it a difficult task.
What should you consider when connecting Echo Auto to your car?
Some important things you have to take into account when connecting an Echo Auto to your car, the first thing is that your car must have a power outlet to which you can connect the device and secondly, the sound system of your car must be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher, with these 2 little things a day you can connect your Echo Auto easily and simply.
Bluetooth compatible with other devices
This is important because the only way to connect the Amazon Echo is via Bluetooth so all devices must be compatible. Normally cars with Bluetooth connection have their latest version and do not present any kind of inconvenience as mobile devices usually do, especially when troubleshooting bluetooth issues to an Apple.
What are the steps to connect Echo Auto to your car’s Bluetooth?
The first thing you have to do is to turn on your car, once you have done that you have to set the input signal of the sound system to Bluetooth, then switch to the phone.
- Then you will need to turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- Open the Alexa app and press the symbol that represents the ‘More’ option and from there you just have to select the option that says ‘Add device’.
- From the options you will have to choose ‘Amazon Echo’ and then ‘Echo Auto’. After that you just have to follow the instructions that will appear on the device’s screen. If the configuration is too difficult for you to carry out, you can also choose to configure the Echo Auto with an auxiliary cable.
How to set up Echo Auto in your car?
The important point in this case is to have the Alexa app from your phone because it is from here that you can set up the Echo Auto in your car. Once you have the app downloaded on your phone you just have to follow the steps that we will show you below to enjoy the benefits that Alexa can offer in your car.
From the Alexa App on your phone
Connecting the Echo Auto to your car is as simple as connecting an iPhone to your stereo, so you don’t have to worry about it getting complicated. You need to download and have the Alexa app on your phone, as well as offer it all the permissions it asks for. Then follow the steps below.
- Connect the Echo Auto to your car via the power supply (this must be 12V).
- To connect the Echo to your car you only have to use the cable and the adapter that comes with your Echo Auto in its box, although you can also connect it to a USB port.
- Once it is ready to connect you will notice an orange light on the device.
- Now it’s time to go to the Alexa App on your cell phone. Locate the option that says ‘Device’ and then select ‘Add’, this icon can be found in the top left corner of the screen.
- Once you are inside the menu you will have to press the ‘Add Device’ option, then select ‘Amazon Echo’ and then ‘Echo Auto’.
- All the information will be displayed on the device’s screen and you will just have to follow it through, this last step is a bit long, so we recommend that you have a considerable amount of battery on your mobile.
How to establish an automatic connection of the Echo Auto to the bluetooth permanently?
Normally when you connect the Echo Auto to Bluetooth it is permanently paired so you won’t have any problems getting out of the car and losing the connection.
On the contrary, the application continues to work in the background and when you get back in the car it will connect automatically. When this does not happen, it is most likely a problem of the cell phone that for some reason closed the development of the application in the background.