Do you want to create a group on Snapchat and add your close friends for group chat? You can create a group on your Snapchat account with ease and simplicity. In this guide, we will explain to you the steps to do so.
Creating a group on Snapchat can be useful if you want to have a simultaneous group chat with your friends or team at work, whether for entertainment or to discuss important topics. Before you start creating a group, keep in mind that you can only add 63 friends to your Snapchat group.
Table of Contents
How to create a group chat on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone, then sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- you will need to enter the chat interface. You can do this by clicking on the message icon that appears at the bottom.
- Once the chat interface appears, click on the compose icon that appears at the top so that the Create New Chat page appears.
- Since we want to create a group, we will show a New Group option.
- In this step you can do two things, the first is to assign a name to the group by clicking on the pen icon that appears at the top, then writing the name (optional). The second and most important thing is to decide which friends to add to the group. Anyone you select will have a checkmark on their side.
- As mentioned earlier, it is not possible to add more than 63 people to a Snapchat group, besides yourself, which means 64 people in the group. The Snapchat group does not accept more than 64 people at the time of writing this article. When you’re done selecting the friends you want to add to your group, click the “Chat with Group” button.
- Done, this will open the new group chats directly. You can now send various messages, texts, audio, and files to the group. You can also make a conference call with audio or video. If you want to change the name of the group, just click on its name visible at the top.
- The only drawback of the Snapchat group is that there is no button that allows you to delete someone from it, and if someone in the group annoys you, you can block them. Aside from that, here are some alternative tips in our comprehensive How to Remove Someone from a Snapchat Group topic guide.
How to leave a Snapchat group
If you don’t want to chat with your friends in the group anymore and want to leave them, you can do so easily.
Go to the chats section on Snapchat and you’ll find the group chats there. Hold it down until a menu appears at the bottom. Click on a More option.
In the other pop-up menu, select a Leave Group option “Leave Group.”
A small window will appear to confirm the action. Click the Leave Group button again. You will no longer see the group chat.