TikTok platform grew rapidly around the world, as it allows you to upload and watch short videos of other people, offering additional options for creating videos such as visual effects, filters, animated images, among others.
The animated images may be known to some people and not to others, it turns out to be a very useful tool to create an animated image from a TikTok video without installing extra programs, here you will learn how to do it.
Table of Contents
How to generate an animated image from a TikTok video?
It is not necessary to install or download programs and applications to generate an animated image from a video, TikTok has this tool built into the application, you can create an animated image with your own video or another user’s that you liked.
From your own video
To create an animated image with a video originated by yourself from TikTok the process is quick and easy, because the TikTok tool does all the work for people, to achieve this follow the steps below:
- Log into the TikTok application and on the main page of TikTok select your profile with the name ‘Me’.
- The profile is represented with a picture of a person. When you enter you will see all the videos you posted up to that moment.
- Click on the video with which you want to create the animated image, when you open the video press on the three aligned dots on the right side of the device screen. This option can also appear as an arrow.
- On the same screen a small panel will be displayed with the options to choose from, click on the icon with several circles enclosed that says ‘Animated Photo’.
- Remember to have the photo access enabled for TikTok, this way it will be able to create the animated photo or image.
- TikTok will create the animated image in seconds, when the process is finished it will save the work, to see it go to the gallery and you will see the animated image created.
From another user’s video
The procedure is similar to the one explained above, with the difference that you must click on other functions before animating the image, follow the steps below to learn how to do it:
- Open the TikTok platform and go to the other user’s video you want to use for the animated image.
- When you are in the video click on the arrow or the three dots that indicates ‘Share’, you will see a series of options to execute, you must click on Animated Photo.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once finished you will be able to see the animated image or photo in the gallery of the device.
- Procedure to set an animated TikTok photo as wallpaper
- Although this is not a new feature on mobile devices, for some years now brands have been offering a moving wallpaper on their products. TikTok allows you to place videos as background on the home screen and lock screen.
This feature is available for both Android and iOS operating system devices. TikTok has a tool called TikTok Wall Picture where you can set the background of the animated screen.
In the Android operating system the procedure is very simple and quick to perform, you just have to follow the following steps:
- The first thing you must do is download the TikTok Wall Picture application, with this tool the wallpaper will be made on the Android device.
- Enter the TikTok application, search and open the video you want to place. When you open the video click on the arrow pointing to the right that says ‘Share’, here you can also share videos on your social networks.
- In the new options panel tap on ‘Animated Photo’ and wait for the platform to complete the process for you.
- Then click on the Set as wallpaper option, it also gives you the option to set as your lock screen.
- On an iPhone device you won’t have to download the TikTok companion app, as it has built-in Live Photo tool, which will help to perform the procedure, follow the steps below to achieve this:
- In the TikTok app go to the video in question and select the three dots on the right side of the iPhone device screen.
- Click on the ‘Animated Photo’ icon and wait for TikTok to finish the process. Then, go to the ‘Photos’ application.
- Go to the ‘Albums’ section and click on Live Photos. Select the TikTok animated image and click on ‘Edit’ in the upper right corner.
- Click on the ‘Wallpaper’ option and when you finish configuring the wallpaper options tap on the Define option.
- You must choose from the three options that will appear: Lock screen, home screen or both.
How to have an animated photo as profile picture in TikTok?
It is possible to place a video as a profile picture, to do so it is recommended that you have the latest version of TikTok updated to have this option included, follow the following instructions to do so:
- Access the TikTok application and go to the profile icon with the name ‘Me’, when you enter your profile press on the Edit profile option.
- Click on ‘Change video’ which is represented with the icon of a video camera and choose the video you want to place.
- Edit the video as you prefer and in the upper right corner tap on the Save option. When you are done you will notice that the selected video is in your profile