If you are trying to download the Signal app from the Play Store, but for some reason you can’t, you should not worry because today in this article we will explain you why this happens and also how you can fix it.
What can be the reasons for not being able to install Signal on my mobile and what to do?
If you want to download the Signal messaging application, but when it comes to doing so you can not or you get an error this may be due to several reasons, the main one being that you do not have enough storage. However, if so, the device itself will send you a notification telling you to free up space, that is why here in Look how to do it we will tell you why this happens and how you can fix it.
Check the Internet connection
The first reason why this little inconvenience of not being able to download the Signal app may be happening to you, is because of a bad internet connection, so if you are using data, the best thing to do is to switch your connection to a wifi network.
If you were already using a wifi network and the application does not want to download we recommend that you verify that your internet connection is good and stable, for this you can perform a speed test on a web page or simply open a site in any browser to see how fast it loads.
Update the PlayStore
The second reason why you may be experiencing this small inconvenience that the application does not want to download. It is that you have outdated the official Play Store, then if you want to update it to do so is very simple and that is why here we will leave you all the steps that need to be followed to do so:
- Search for the Google Play app on your personal phone and once you find it tap on it to open it.
- When you open it you must click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then you will see several options you must select the one that says settings.
- Already in settings, you will see several sections among them the one that says “Information” or it can also appear as “About”, click on them and you will see other options one of them is “Play Store Version”.
- Click on “Update Play Store” to check if there is a new version available.
- This way, Google Play will check if there is a new version of the application, if there is, it will automatically install the latest version, and if there is no newer version than the one we already have, a warning will appear indicating that Google Play Store has been updated.
How to free up space on a cell phone and be able to install Signal?
As we have already mentioned many times the inability to download an application in this case Signal is due to lack of storage on our device, and that is why here we will tell you what you can do to free up space and permanently solve this small inconvenience.
Clear the ‘PlayStore’ application cache
The first thing you can try is to delete the cache memory of the Play Store application, since this often fills up and occupies space inside our device making the store not work properly. To delete this memory on your Android phone is very simple and you just have to follow the steps that we will show you below:
- First of all look in your personal phone settings or configurations.
- Once there you will see several options you must locate the one that says applications and click on it, to make it faster there is a phone where you have a search bar just type it there.
- When you are in the Applications option, you will see a list of all the applications that your phone has, you should look for Play Store.
- When you find it just click on it, and you will see its specifications such as weight and version, slide to the bottom and select the option delete cache.
- This way the application will be as if it was just installed.
- That’s all it takes to clear the Play Store cache.
- Free internal space
Finally, the best thing you can do to make the Signal application download is to free up internal space on your personal phone. To do this delete all those apps you don’t use if possible add an external memory card and move all your photos, music, videos to it. Finally, delete the cache of other applications that are heavy by doing so you do not lose anything, often what accumulates this memory are junk files.