Learn how to delete a Tiktok account and erase all data. Erase all your TikTok traces. We show you how to delete a TikTok account and erase all data so that your profile and videos disappear from the social network.
If TikTok does not convince you, or you simply want to remove your entire trace of the platform, we show you how to delete a TikTok account and delete all data. So both your account and your likes and videos will be deleted from the application. And is that every day many people enter the social network, but many others want to leave. If you are in the latter group, follow these steps:
- Open TikTok and log in with the account you want to delete.
- Click on “Profile”, located on the far right of the bottom menu.
- In your profile, you will see three lines in the upper right corner, click on them.
- After clicking on the lines, two options will appear. We must click on “Settings and privacy”.
- Within “Settings and privacy”, click on the first option: “Manage account”.
- Select “Delete account”, the final option in this submenu.
Once you have clicked “Delete account”, TikTok will ask you why you are leaving. You can select one of the predefined reasons you are given to choose from, write another reason or directly skip the answer by clicking on “Skip” in the upper right corner. Regardless of how you answer, you will be redirected to a window where you can download your TikTok data and confirm your decision. However, even if you confirm your decision, you have not yet completed the process of how to delete a TikTok account and erase all data.
After completing the above steps, your account will not be deleted immediately. TikTok will suspend your account for 30 days, if you do not log in during this period, your account will be automatically deleted. This is an extension for those who get cold feet at the last minute. However, after this period, you will never be able to recover your account. This tutorial is for Android and iPhone versions.
How To Make My Account Private On Tiktok
At other times, we do not want to delete our account but set it so that other users do not see our profile, including the description. How to delete a TikTok account and delete all data is easy, but how to set my account private on TikTok is even easier. We must follow the steps below:
- From your profile click on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Click on “Settings and privacy”.
- Select “Privacy”, right after “Manage account”.
- Tap on “Private account”. If your account is already private, this option will appear in green.
If your account is private, only users you approve will be able to follow you and watch your videos. If you privatize your account, you will keep the same followers, but future followers will have to send you a follow request. Anyway, below the “Privacy” menu you will find the “SECURITY” submenu, where you can choose whether your videos can be downloaded, allow comments or be tagged. There is also the list of blocked accounts or the option to see who has visited your profile on TikTok.