Find out how to disable Google Chrome notifications on Android. Are you annoyed to receive too many notifications? We show you how to disable Google Chrome notifications on Android.
Most browsers allow certain websites to send us notifications with their news. But sometimes the number is too many and can be annoying. In that case, it is interesting to learn how to disable Google Chrome notifications on Android.
The steps to stop the browser from sending us notifications are as follows:
- Open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap on the button with three vertical dots.
- Tap on More>Settings
- Go to Website Settings>Notifications
- At the top of the screen, toggle this option on or off.
In case you only want to disable notifications for a specific website, the steps to follow are as follows:
- Open the Chrome application
- Go to the website you want to stop receiving notifications from
- Click on the button with three vertical dots
- Go to More>Information
- Tap on Permissions>Notifications
- Select Allow or Block
- Once you have done so, the total or web notifications you have chosen will no longer be a nuisance to you.
How To Turn Off Google News
Google News has an option that sends you notifications with news from major national newspapers that are related to your interests. But this may not interest you too much and you may wonder how to turn off Google News.
To put an end to unwanted news notifications, you must follow the steps below:
- Enter the Settings menu
- Go to Notifications
- In the list of applications, look for Google News
- In the next screen, check the option Block notifications or Mute
In case you have decided to block notifications, you will not receive any notification coming from that app. On the other hand, if you choose to mute, when you receive a notification, you will not find any sound to indicate it, but you will find the corresponding icon in the notification bar. In a middle ground when you think that some of the news may be of interest to you but you do not want the phone to spend its life ringing. Whichever option you have chosen, it is a fully reversible change.
How To Delete Websites In Google Chrome On Android
If you don’t want any traces of the websites you’ve recently visited, it might be interesting for you to learn how to delete websites from Google Chrome on Android. This way, if someone else picks up your device they won’t be able to know where you’ve been browsing. This is an option that can be especially useful if you share your device with someone else.
The steps to delete visited websites are as follows:
- Log in to the Chrome app.
- Click on the button with three vertical buttons
- Go to More>Settings
- Tap on Privacy>Delete browsing data
- Choose the period of time you want to delete your browsing data for
- Select the type of information you want to delete
- Click on Clear data