Learn how to pixelate photos before sending them via Whatsapp to protect your privacy. Pixelate your photos easily before sending them via WhatsApp and protect your privacy
WhatsApp, the most used messaging application worldwide adds a very interesting feature regarding privacy. Discover how to pixelate photos before sending them via WhatsApp to protect your privacy within the app itself.
Security and privacy are two very important aspects that these days all Internet users should take into account, especially when sending and publishing photos.
One of the most used applications for sharing images is WhatsApp. Every day more than 100 billion text messages are sent on the app that can also include visual content. To further protect privacy, the platform includes an innovative feature that allows you to blur photos before sending them without using a third-party app, but doing it from within the application itself.
Pixelate photos is really interesting, for example, when you do not want the face of a person to appear, especially if it is a minor, or you do not want to distinguish the license plate of a car or any personal data. To learn how to pixelate photos before sending them via WhatsApp to protect your privacy, follow the steps below.
If you have an Iphone:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- Enter the conversation in which you are going to send the photo.
- Select the photo from the image gallery
- Click on the pencil icon that appears at the top left.
- From the samples at the bottom, choose the first one starting from the right.
- Then click on “Ok” and click on the blue icon to send the image.
If you have an Android phone, the instructions are very similar, as we detail below.
- Open the WhatsApp app
- Enter the conversation with the contact where you are going to send the photo
- Open the gallery and select the photo
- Click on the pencil in the upper right corner
- Finally, in the lower left corner, the button to pixelate.
- Click on the area you want to pixelate and then send the photo.
- If you don’t see the pixelate button on your device yet, don’t worry. As mentioned above, this is a very new feature that is now coming to all devices. Just remember to have the latest version of the WhatsApp application.
How To Send Whatsapp Photos Without Showing Details
In the previous section we explained how to pixelate photos before sending them on WhatsApp to protect your privacy, now we are going to explain how to send WhatsApp photos without showing details.
Among the actions you can take to send WhatsApp photos without showing details is to crop the photo to leave only the part of the image that does not have any information about your privacy. So, you just have to open the WhatsApp app and enter the conversation where you are going to send the photo, then select it from the gallery and at the top click on the icon shaped like a square. Crop the photo and finally click on send.
Other Ways To Improve The Privacy Of Your Photos In Whatsapp
If in addition to knowing how to pixelate photos before sending them on WhatsApp to protect your privacy, you want to learn other ways to improve the privacy of your WhatsApp photos, we tell you some more features that you may find interesting.
Among other ways to improve the privacy of your photos on WhatsApp is to be able to set the photo to be seen only once and then disappear. To do this you just have to open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person to whom you are going to send the image. Then select that photo and at the bottom click on the number 1 that appears so that it can only be seen once.