TikTok has become the platform par excellence for watching and making videos. It has caught old and new generations, either for its wide variety of humor videos or for the well-known ‘challenges’.
The truth is that this platform of Chinese origin is getting stronger and stronger in the market, and renews its tools and alternatives constantly, and one of its options that you probably do not know is how to save a TikTok video in your device’s gallery and change its name on your iPhone.
If you are here it is because you are interested in saving your favorite TikTok videos to your iPhone gallery and don’t know how to do it. Well, look no further, in this article I will provide you with the necessary tools to save them in several ways, so if one fails you, you can try another one and so on.
How to save a TikTok video to my iPhone gallery?
Surely it has happened to you to find a video that you want to save because you liked it a lot, because you want to share it with someone, because it reflects your mood of the moment, or because you just found it very interesting and want to save it, these are some of the reasons why we always want to return to that video.
In this post we are going to show you different ways to save a TikTok video on your iPhone and how to make it appear in your gallery, as many times this situation is not possible. The possibilities are many and we want you to take into account these methods that are the most used to save:
Do it from the application.
This is an integrated alternative, which means that the application itself allows you to find the tested videos. However, in order to save that video you liked so much, you need to have a TikTok account. In this sense to save a video from TikTok you must:
- Install the application on your iPhone.
- Once installed, enter your account and then click on the arrow icon whose function is ‘share to’, it is located in the upper left corner.
- You will be able to see different options, select ‘save video/ save video’.
- This way, your video is already on your device in just seconds.
As we have mentioned, TikTok has integrated functions, so it also allows you to download videos from other applications. In this case, I will show you how to download your favorite videos through the social network Instagram. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Open TikTok on your device.
- Press on the arrow icon and then select the Instagram icon.
- Now you will see a new window where you will have to choose the options, i.e. if you want to share the video as a ‘story’ or ‘feed’. Choose story.
- Instagram will open here, with its filters and other alternatives. Click on the down arrow icon, its function is to ‘download’.
- In this way, the selected video is already in your gallery.
Namely, with this mentioned method, your downloaded video will have its watermark, as this way TikTok can make it easy for you to share its content on other social networks, as it can advertise for free with the contents you share.
Download Total Files from the App Store
Another option to download your favorite videos from TikTok is by using the Total Files app, it is free to use and very simple to operate. Generally, users who do not use Instagram use this application for downloading TikTok videos on iPhone. At first you will need to download it from your App Store, then:
- Sign in to TikTok on your iPhone.
- Select the video you want to download, then go to ‘share to’, located in the upper right corner.
- There click on ‘copy link/ copy link’.
- Open Total Files on your iPhone.
- You will see the web icon on the far left, press it.
- Keep pressing on the address bar at the top and then ‘paste’, then select ‘Go’.
- Finally, the application will ask you if you want to save the video, if so press the ‘viewed’ icon. Your video is now saved.
Save it as a GIF
In this case, it is necessary to clarify that you cannot download a complete video from TikTok as a GIF, but you can select a part that you found funny or that you simply want to keep, and you can do it with these steps:
- Log in to TikTok from your iPhone, and then select the video.
- Select the ‘share to’ icon, a list of alternatives will be displayed, look for ‘GIF’ and press it.
- Here you will have to choose the part of the video you want. Once selected, it will be saved in your gallery.
What to do if the TikTok video you saved does not appear in your iPhone gallery?
Finally, we want you to keep in mind that, if you have followed the steps of the alternatives we mentioned, and the video was not saved in your gallery, it is possible that the owner of the video has disabled the download option before uploading it to TikTok.
Many TikTok users who upload their videos resort to this alternative, for different reasons, which may be related to plagiarism, privacy or simply do not want to share it.
It may also be the case that your saved video on TikTok has been accidentally deleted, so you cannot view it. To verify that your saved videos have not been accidentally deleted you should:
Check the deleted content folder.
- Go to ‘videos’ and then to ‘Albums’.
- Then go to the ‘Deleted’ section.
- If you see the video you are looking for, you can move it back to your gallery.
- This should be enough to recover your lost files on your iPhone. Remember that photos and videos will remain in the deleted folder for 30 days, after a month has passed, they will be permanently deleted.