Have you mistakenly deleted a video you needed? We show you how to recover deleted videos from Google Photos so you won’t lose them at all.
We’ve all made the mistake of deleting a video we didn’t want to delete. Or regretting after deleting something. Fortunately, not every time we’ve done so, they’re all lost. Learning how to recover deleted videos from Google Photos is quite simple.
In the event that you deleted the video less than 60 days ago, it will have been stored in the trash. The steps you need to follow to recover it are as follows:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app.
- At the bottom, tap Library
- In the options that appear, choose Trash
- Press and hold for a couple of seconds the video you want to recover
- At the bottom, tap on Restore
- Once you have done so, the video you had deleted will be available again both in the Google Photos library and in the phone’s gallery. In the event that before deleting it was also in an album, you will also find it there again. For all practical purposes, it will be the same as if you had not deleted it. Therefore, you have the peace of mind that you may regret having deleted something.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
If you have not found the item you wanted in the Trash, you may be wondering how to recover deleted photos from Google Photos.
The reality is that both photos and videos are only stored in the Trash for a maximum period of 60 days. Once this period has passed, there is no way to recover them. The only thing you can do is try to check if you had a local copy on some device or if you had made a backup on another platform. Otherwise you will not be able to recover it.
This applies to both photos and videos. Therefore, it is important for us to keep in mind that yes, we may regret deleting an item, but to a certain extent. You can easily recover the photo or video you decided to delete last week, but not a year ago. So we recommend that before you decide to delete an item, you think about it carefully.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From The Trash Of Google Photos
Google Photos does not make any difference between photos and videos when it comes to actions such as backup, delete or restore. Therefore, if you are wondering how to recover deleted photos from Google Photos trash you should follow exactly the same steps that we have explained in the first section of this article to restore a deleted video.
It is also the same the deadline you will have to do it, so from the time you delete it until you restore it should be a maximum of 60 days.
Delete photos and videos from time to time is especially recommended when we have the application configured so that the images we have in the Gallery are uploaded to Google Photos automatically. And especially since the space to store photos in the tool is no longer infinite for those who have a free account. But it is important to keep in mind that in the event that we have decided to delete a photo or video we may have problems to recover it if too much time has passed.