Find out the reasons why Telegram doesn’t notify me of messages that reach you
Telegram is one of the most used messaging applications today. If when you log in you see that you have messages that you have not been notified of, you may wonder why Telegram does not notify me of messages? We give you the answer below.
If there is an application that allows communication to large audiences, that is Telegram. The app was developed by brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov and was officially announced on August 14, 2013. Telegram has more than 500 million monthly active users and is one of the top 10 most downloaded apps in the world.
One of the features that Telegram users like the most are channels and groups, but the basis of any messaging app is in the messages. Sometimes it can happen that the app does not announce the arrival of new messages. If you are in this situation you may be wondering, why Telegram does not notify me of messages? We give you answers to what may be happening in the following section.
Why Do Telegram Message Notifications Not Arrive?
Why doesn’t Telegram notify me of messages? Or what is the same Why don’t message notifications arrive in Telegram? We give you some answers as to what might be happening below.
- Telegram is not connected to the internet. If you have lost internet connection on your mobile because you are in a low coverage area or your wifi network is down, you will not receive notifications.
- You have disabled notifications without realizing it. It may be that from the “Settings” menu of your phone you have disabled notifications from one or more apps including Telegram and that is why you do not receive them.
- You do not have the latest version of Telegram. If you have an outdated version of the app it may not work properly, so check that this is not the problem.
How To Use Smart Notifications In Telegram
One of the most interesting features that Telegram has regarding notifications are the so-called smart notifications. In this section we show you what they are and how to use smart notifications in Telegram.
The first thing you should know is that smart notifications what they do is to be able to configure notifications in such a way that we can choose the number of times they will sound in a given space of time, which we can also indicate.
To find out how to use smart notifications in Telegram you just have to open the app on your phone and then click on the three little lines and then on “Settings”. Then go to “Notifications and sounds” and scroll down to the “Other” section. There tap on “Repeat notifications” and set the time in which you want those notifications to pop up again.
How To Customize Telegram Pop-Up Notifications
Once you know the answer to the question of why Telegram doesn’t notify me of messages, let’s show you another aspect related to these alerts or notifications. Take a look at how to customize Telegram pop-up notifications.
- To customize Telegram pop-up notifications, the first thing you have to do is open this messaging app and click on the three little stripes and then on “Settings” or directly go to the “settings” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you have to go into “notifications and sounds” and then choose whether you are going to customize the pop-up notifications in chats, groups or channels. Once you enter any of the three mentioned, go to the “pop-up notifications” section and choose “never show”, “with screen on”, “with screen off” or “always show”.