It is important that you know how to close or change your Play Store account in case you have lost your mobile or simply need to change it and want to prevent unauthorized people from accessing your personal data.
Since these are linked to your Google account, such as your photos, email, maps, Gmail and YouTube. By logging out, your phone will be unlinked from your Google account. Here we will explain how you can do it in a simple and easy way, from your cell phone.
How do I log out of the Play Store from my cell phone?
To log out of your Play Store account, you will have to delete the account from your phone’s settings, as it is not possible to log out as it is done in other apps. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Delete account from the settings
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your cell phone.
- Select the ‘Users and accounts’ option.
- Select the Google account you want to close.
- Click on the ‘Close account’ option.
- Your Play Store account will be completely closed on your mobile device, preventing unauthorized people from accessing your personal information.
How to log out of a Play Store account from a computer?
To log out of the Play Store, from the computer, you will have to log out by accessing the ‘Manage devices’ option and following a few steps. But keep in mind that you will not be able to use some apps that are linked to this account, such as Gmail, YouTube or your email.
- Manage your account devices
- Log in to your Google account.
- Select the ‘Security’ option.
- Then select the ‘Your devices’ tab.
- Select the ‘Manage Devices’ option, where all the mobiles where you have open sessions will be displayed.
- After this, click on the ‘More details’ tab, then select the ‘Logout’ option.
- In this way, the linked devices will be unlinked, and you will not be able to make new updates to your apps or download other apps.
If you need to log in to your Play Store account from your PC, you will need to access the official Google Play Store page, and enter your username and password associated with your Google account. Then you will be able to access your Play Store account and enjoy its services.
What are the disadvantages of logging out of the Play Store?
If you sign out of your Play Store account, you will not be able to download new applications or make updates to apps that are already downloaded and need to be updated.
Unlink your Google account
Another disadvantage of unlinking your Google account is that your contacts and emails that are linked to your Google account will be deleted. To regain access to them you will have to link your phone back to your Google account.
In case you have added two Gmail accounts linked to your device, and you want to unlink any of them or change them. Follow the steps below, which will help you do it quickly and easily.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Select the ‘User and accounts’ option.
- Afterwards, you will see all the accounts you have added.
- Choose the account you want to unlink.
- A window will open, where all the apps that are synchronized to the Gmail account will appear.
- Select the ‘More’ option, then click on the ‘Delete account’ option.
- Then you will have to enter a Pin or Pattern, for your security, which the system will ask you again in case you want to add the account again.
- Once you complete these steps, you must link the account you left added to the cell phone, so you can enjoy the services offered by Play Store. And you can download new applications. Or you can also restore the backup, to keep the same apps or to update them automatically.
No access to services or applications
In addition to all the disadvantages mentioned above, you will also lose access to all your services and apps such as, Drive, Gmail, calendar. Since these are linked to your Google account. On the other hand, you will also not be able to take advantage of apps and discounts on apps available to you in your Play Store account.
However, the data from these services or apps will be stored or saved in your Google account, which you can access them again by simply logging into your Google account.
In the case of the backup service, they will be stopped, preventing you from being able to make any backup of your information stored on your cell phone. You will only be able to access the information you saved before you unlinked your Google account.