Want to learn how to show your friends where you are in a simple way? We teach you how to share a Google Maps location by WhatsApp.
It has happened to all of us that we want to invite a friend home and we find it difficult to explain exactly how to get there. Or that we have a date in a not very specific place and we need to explain where we are in a clearer way. If explaining over the phone is not too good for you, all you need to do is learn how to share a Google Maps location via WhatsApp. This way, the other person will be able to open the map from their smartphone and follow the necessary directions to get where you are.
We can find two different ways to do this. The first is by sharing the location directly from WhatsApp, for which we will have to follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Enter the chat conversation with the person to whom you want to send your location.
- In the box where you write the messages, click on the icon shaped like a paperclip
- From the options that appear, choose Location
- Click on Send my current location
- The person you are currently talking to will receive your location directly, and will be able to reach you via Google Maps.
You can also send your location from Google Maps instead of WhatsApp. To do this you will have to follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps
- Click on the blue dot indicating your location to put a thumbtack
- At the bottom, tap on the name or the address of the site
- Tap the Share icon
- In the list of applications to share, choose WhatsApp
Table of Contents
How To Send My Google Maps Location By Whatsapp Without Being There
It is possible that what you need is not to send your friends the location where you are right now, but the location of the place where you are going to meet at another time. Therefore, you will need to learn how to send my Google Maps location via WhatsApp without being there. As when we want to send our current location, we will be able to do it directly without leaving WhatsApp or do it from Google Maps. The process is very similar to those we have explained above, although there are some steps that change a little.
If you are going to send your location from WhatsApp, the steps you must follow so that the other person can know where you are at that moment are as follows:
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Enter the conversation with the person to whom you want to send your location.
- Click on the icon in the shape of a paperclip
- Choose Location
- At the top of the screen, click on the magnifying glass and look for the place whose location you want to send
- Click Send
If you want to send the location from Google Maps, the process is even simpler and more similar to the one described above:
Enter Google Maps
- In the application’s search engine, search for the place whose location you want to send to the other person.
- When you have it on the map, click on the specific point to put a thumbtack on it
- At the bottom, click on the place or address you want to send the location of
- Click on Share
- Choose WhatsApp from the list of applications that appears
- Whichever method you choose to send your location to your contacts, the result will be practically the same. The other person will receive a link in the WhatsApp conversation they have with you that they can then open in Google Maps. Thus, they can use the browser to get to the place where you are waiting for them or simply use the map to find you more quickly.
Choosing one method or another just depends on your comfort. Normally, it is usually more convenient to do it directly from WhatsApp, but both options are at your fingertips.