If you still don’t know what iCloud is and the advantages it offers you, maybe you are missing out on the usefulness of this tool, it allows you to store a lot of important information. If you happen to have a large list of contacts on your device iCloud can store them for you, and it also gives you the opportunity to use them in many other compatible programs.
Maybe one day you will need to have all your relevant contacts on your computer, and for this exporting them in CSV format is your best option, this is very easy to achieve and here we are going to teach you all about this format, how to use it and some useful tips to export your contacts in the most efficient way.
How to get all iCloud contacts in CSV format?
In order to export your iCloud contacts to other devices you have several options, some more efficient than others, but before doing so you must verify that when you created your iCloud account and logged into your device, these contacts have been synchronized, if so you can export your contacts in the following ways.
From vCard to CSV converter
This method is a bit complicated and the procedure may seem long, but if you do not want to install any external application this is your best option, to do this you must do the following:
- Go to the iCloud website and log into your account.
- Inside your account you will see several icons of options, you must click on the ‘Contacts’ one.
- When you enter this you will see the list of all your contacts, inside check that the contacts you want to export are registered in iCloud.
- Now inside these you will see at the top a gear icon, press it to open the settings.
- Within these click on the ‘Select all’ option.
- You should also click on the ‘Export Vcard’ option, this will send them to Vcard where this data will be stored in the assigned download folder.
- Now go to the CSV Convert website or any trusted converter you use to convert the file you previously downloaded to your device.
- Within ‘Vcard File’, find the file you wish to convert and upload it to the page.
- Click on ‘format’ and select the CSV format from the drop down menu you will see. Within the drop-down menu that will then appear you must select ‘Comma’ and finally check the option ‘Add a header line’.
- You must click on the ‘Unicode (UTF-8)’ option in Encoding.
- In the following options try not to change anything.
- Click on convert, when finished the new CSV file will be automatically downloaded to your computer and you will be able to open it with compatible programs such as Excel.
Another way is to use third-party applications to perform this task, if this is not a problem for you you can choose to download the TunesGo application, to do this you must follow this series of steps:
- If you already have the software installed on your computer, you must connect your iPhone to this with a USB, this will be detected by the TunesGO.
- Now make sure your mobile is synced with your iCloud account before you start.
- Within the TunesGO window, you will need to click on ‘Contacts’, then you will need to select the iCloud option.
- Click on ‘Information’, this will show you all your contacts, select all the ones you want to get from there.
- Click on the ‘Export’ option, then on the CSV file.
- A window will appear asking you to tell it where you want the file to be saved, when you indicate it just click on save and that’s it. During this procedure make sure that your device is not disconnected.
What are the advantages of using the CSV format to export files from iCloud?
Maybe for you it sounds like something new to export your contacts through this format, in fact it is one of the safest formats to save information, it also allows you to easily work with other programs because of its compatibility, so if you want to export or import your iCloud contacts to Gmail.
For example, this will allow you to do it easily and there are a couple of other points that will convince you to always use this format.
Synchronize contacts/back up contacts
This format allows you to work very easily, so if you are an entrepreneur and you work with a lot of people, this is a good way to secure this information and be able to work with it with software like Excel, which makes it perfect to be able to easily implement it to your company. Fast, secure and easy to use is what makes this format so indispensable.
Easy to process/data generation
The CSV format is made to be able to export large amounts of data very easily. The values that are transformed into this format are separated with commas and are written in plain text, which makes it very easy to be sorted.
Why back up my contacts frequently?
Now that you know how to do this and what it is all for, we are going to tell you how important it is to make these backups of your contacts.
For example, when you manage your own business, backing up this information in CSV format can be very useful, since it allows you to have it accessible, so if you need the information of a client, with just a couple of clicks you can have it on any device.