If you have the need to expand or free up space on your phone, in this guide I will show you how to do it, so you will have all the data on your SD memory such as images, videos, music or the Apps you download. You can even install Android apps from your PC.
What should you take into account before sending your applications to your memory?
Before doing this procedure, you must take into account that your phone is compatible with the memory and the maximum capacity it can support at the time of transferring the files, you should also verify that none of the data, photos, music or programs that you are going to pass have a virus, because that can damage your SD card and may be unusable.
Table of Contents
What is the procedure to send the applications from your cell phone to the external memory?
There is an important point to keep in mind and it is that sometimes the interface of the phone may change depending on the manufacturer. Even so, the menu is still the same so you should not have any problem when entering. Follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
- First go to the Settings menu
- Locate the Application option
- When you are in this option you will see a list of all the applications you have installed.
- You will select the App you want to send to memory
- Then click on the Change option and select the SD Card option.
- Finally, click on Move and the file transfer will start.
It is very important that while you are doing this process you do not remove the SD card or open the application you are using so that it is not interrupted and the file transfer is done successfully. As an interesting fact you can also automatically update all applications on your Android or PC.
For Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later versions
- First you have to go to Settings
- Then go to the Apps and Notifications option and look for App Info.
- Locate in the app list the one you want to move and tap on it.
- Select Storage and if the application supports being moved to an SD card.
- Click on Change
- Finally select the SD card and in the Change storage option go to Confirm to start the process.
- If you have a mobile Android 6.0 Marshmallow or earlier
- You go to the settings option
- Locate Storage and USB
- You enter and select SD Card and within this option in the three dots that appear in the top right you will select settings
- You will press Format As Internal Storage
- Then select format SD card or Erase and format.
- Once the phone is formatted, it will be ready for file transfer.
How to use your PC to change the location of your apps on Android?
If you are interested in managing your phone directly from your computer and want to find and open the file explorer, it is very easy, the Vysor program will show you how to do it since it is an application that serves to control any Android from the PC. Below I will explain how to use this program.
- The first thing you have to do is download the application, which is available for Android through Google Play Store.
- You have to enable USB debugging
- Now you have to activate the Developer Option, you can do that by going to Settings and in Phone Info you will press seven times, that way you will activate this option and you will enable USB debugging.
- Then connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable and press Allow.
- Once this option is done and verifying that the phone does not disconnect, you will run the Vysor Desktop Application.
- Finally, you will see the phone model and serial number appear next to a green button that says View.
Once you have executed all these steps, you will wait a few minutes for the program to load and the computer screen will show the screen of your phone. In this way, you will start working and make the changes you want. Note that you can also delete and disable Android notifications whenever you need to.