Nowadays the use of mobile devices is very frequent and has become an indispensable means for the lives of many people around the world, so much so, that even people in very rural places already have smart mobile devices. However, we must mention that thanks to the different technological advances, the telecommunication system has also grown, so much so, that it has reached developments, not only in telephone material but also, it has created other types of communication devices such as the Smartwatch or smart watch.
Now, if you would like to know more about this amazing advance in telecommunication, then you have come to the right place, because we invite you to continue reading this article to know the easiest way to reset your Smartwatch with very easy and fast steps, as well as the benefits and disadvantages of this process.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits and risks of resetting your Smartwatch?
It is important to mention that formatting smart devices such as the Michael Kors Smartwatch, can achieve significant benefits when using it, however not everything can be perfect, you also have to take into consideration that these actions can bring certain disadvantages. After this process, the watch or Smartwatch will undoubtedly be subjected to data or file deletion procedures and of course the equipment will undergo different changes.
Speed up the operation of your device
To mention some advantages we have, that by formatting your Smartwatch you will be able to have a better optimization of the operation of your smart device. It is for this reason, that by giving it a great constant use and downloading different programs that occupy significant storage space to your watch, it is very likely that problems arise such as slowing down or malfunctioning of the system processor, producing failures in the Software. It is for this reason that formatting the device from the factory will allow the device to run faster and perform activities that require a well-functioning processor, such as answering calls on your watch, which require fast system actions.
You lose all your saved data
Among the disadvantages that many people may find when restoring their Smartwatch, is that they may not like the process of deleting all the files and data that are stored in the internal memory of the device. Among the main data that the watch has and that can be lost are applications, contacts, settings and photos that are deleted from the device’s memory when the Smartwatch factory reset is performed.
However, it is important for you to know that when the watch is paired or linked to a mobile device, some data such as contact numbers will be recorded on the cell phone. So, you do not have to worry about deleting this information, because when you have your Smartwatch linked to your mobile and perform a formatting, the data will be stored in it, you only need to pair the devices again and transfer the information to your watch and that’s it.
Pair it with another device
By performing formatting processes on Michael Kors Smartwatch devices, not only will it allow for improvements in the performance of the equipment, but it also has the option to allow pairing with a different mobile device. Therefore, if situations occur where the user wants to change the cell phone, when restoring the watch, the option of pairing with a new cell phone will be ready to be used by having the Wear OS App downloaded on the Smartwatch.
Procedure for resetting a Michael Kors Smartwatch to factory data
For this, there are two procedures with which you can reset your Michael Kors watch to factory data without any risk and they are as follows:
- First, you must press the crown of the Michael Kors Smartwatch, so that you can go to the menu section of it. Now, when you are in the menu you will be able to see various options, choose the option that says ‘Settings’ to go to the watch settings. Then, head towards the end and you will find the option that says ‘System’, click on it.
- Afterwards, the smartwatch will ask you to confirm the procedure by clicking on the yellow Check icon. After you have clicked on it, the process of restoring your Michael Kors watch with the Wear OS App will begin.
- On the other hand, if you have smart devices that have Android operating systems, you must enter the Wear OS app, which you must have downloaded on your Smartwatch for the linking of the same.
- Go to the ‘Settings reached’ section and at the bottom of the screen, you will find the option that says ‘Unlink Watch’ in this way you will be notified that your watch will be reset to its factory state and that the App will be deleted.
- So, the next step will be to confirm the action to be taken by clicking on the ‘Unlink Watch’ option in the pop-up window that will appear on the screen.
Is it possible for you to recover the deleted data from your Smartwatch?
All smartwatches already have added internal storage space, as well as a slot to insert an external memory if the user wishes to have more storage space. However, it is important for you to know that portable on-board storage devices are manufactured with a non-standard NAND flash chip technology, and are much smaller than those found in USB and digital memory.
Thus, we can say that from the place where data is deleted, it is possible and very easy to recover it just by using smartwatch file or smart data recovery solutions. When using microSD cards or other removable media, it is even easier to recover files from these drives. In this way, there is no need for direct and specific connections. However, for those devices with internal storage the recovery is a bit more cumbersome.
Therefore, if you have accidentally deleted, formatted or lost important videos, photos, audios on your Smartwatch and want to recover them, then you can do it using the Windows/Mac file recovery tool. This tool has been specially created to restore different media files from Smartwatch memory card. Also from digital cameras, Martphone cards, external and internal hard drive and many other devices responsible for digital media storage.
How to pair a device to the smartwatch again?
First you must have the popular device pairing app called Wear OS installed. So, I was taking note of what you need to do to get your watch paired to your mobile device so that you can set up your smartwatch with Android or iOS devices easily and quickly.
- Now, to get started you need to make sure that your watch and your smart phone are compatible. And of course, that all the Apps you have on your phone are previously updated so that the synchronization can work properly.
- Now you will see on your mobile screen the name of your Smartwatch, click on it and then on the accept button on your watch so that the synchronization can start. At the end of the process you will see a step-by-step guide, which will tell you what to do to make good use of your smart device in a very simple way.
- On the other hand, if you do not manage to see the name of your Smartwatch on the App screen, you can go to the settings of your device and select the notification settings box so you can activate the notifications for the Android Wear application.
- Thanks to this quick and easy method of data recovery and pairing of your smart devices, you can now make excellent use of your Michael Kors watch, and you can download and install WhatsApp on your Smartwatch, and other Apps you want.