Sometimes we find that the style of our web Chrome browser can become quite boring and even monotonous. If only we could do something about it… ah, wait, yes there is! In today’s article we’ll show you how you can change the font of your browser.
How can you access Chrome’s fonts?
Changing the font of our internet browser can be a topic of quite importance for those free souls who want to feel more like themselves when using their browser, because the truth is that the font style of the words we read can have an impact on the reader.
From your Windows or Mac computer
Fortunately, for all of us who don’t get along so well with technology, making a font change to our Chrome browser is not exactly complicated, in fact you only have to follow a series of very simple steps to be able to do it:
- Open your Chrome browser on either your Windows or Mac computer.
- Click on the three dots at the top left of the screen and select ‘Settings’.
- Once in the settings window, select the ‘Appearance’ option found on the left wing.
- Select the font types you want to be displayed in your browser.
And just as simple as making a couple of clicks, after following these steps to change your browser fonts on your computer, you only have to restart Chrome for the settings to be applied. It should be noted that these settings will not be applied to websites, we will be there soon.
With your Android or iOS cell phone
Unfortunately, despite all the built-in features, Google has not yet incorporated the font change function in older versions of the Chrome browser and neither in the latest version the Enterprise. Changing the font on our mobile device will not work, however, they have added a feature to be able to change the size:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android or Apple device.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Settings’.
- Once we are on the settings screen, we go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ section at the bottom of the screen.
- Once there, select the option that says ‘Accessibility’.
- When we are in the accessibility screen, we can easily select what size we want to apply to the font of our browser, by default the indicator will be located at 100%, but we can increase this number as well as decrease it.
What is the procedure to change the font of your browser?
As we mentioned before, the changes made in our browser settings, such as changing the language or font, will only be applied to our browser and not to the websites we visit, since they have their own rules because they are independent.
However, even though we cannot change the font style on websites through our browser settings, the truth is that we can do it through an application that is completely free in the Chrome store.
If you use the desktop version
The name given to the application we talked about in the previous section is ‘Font Changer’ and it will allow us to be able to change the font style of the websites we visit.
So if you are not happy with the choice of font that made some website or you want to create a consistent appearance in the texts of every corner you visit on the Internet, then this browser extension is for you.
Using this Chrome extension is not at all complicated, as we mentioned before it is completely free in the Chrome app store and we will only have to follow a series of steps to download it and put it to work:
- Download the ‘Font changer’ application from Chrome web store.
- Select the global settings to change the fonts on all the sites you visit or choose the custom settings if you want to change the one on a specific website.
- Then type the font you want to apply, if you don’t know any particular font then you can click on the question mark next to ‘Font name’ to see the different fonts offered by google.
With this extension you can also make other changes such as the weight of the font, whether you want it bold or lighter, and also the size, which is an advantage, because sometimes we can find websites that have small fonts.