Having a user password on PlayStation 5 is necessary because often the console is shared with friends or other users, who could enter your account at any time without any problem. However, the PS5 has a good way to control this and it is through the user password. Here’s how to create and use it.
Table of Contents
How to create a password for the PlayStation 5 user account?
- The first thing you need to do is open the settings menu on the PlayStation 5.
- Locate and select the ‘Users and Accounts’ option then scroll down the menu until you get the option that says ‘Login Settings’.
- Select the option that says ‘Set a PS5 login passcode’.
- Set your new passcode and voila, the password will be created, it is usually a simple four digit code but you still need to protect it and prevent anyone else from getting it.
- Finally, restart the console so that it turns on correctly and verify the changes made.
- With the changes made you can make sure that no one will be able to enter your session while you are not present or while they do not have your password, however you have to keep in mind that you have to disable the ‘Automatic login’ option so that the use of your password can work correctly.
How to change the user’s password on the PlayStation 5?
It is always good to change passwords after a certain period of time and on your PlayStation 5 it works the same way, so we will show you the easiest way to change the password of your PS5. Remember that this will only improve the security of your account and session, which is important.
- Go to the Settings menu of your PS5.
- Locate and select the ‘User and Accounts’ option.
- Scroll down until you find the option that says ‘Login Settings’.
- Among the options you will find the one that says ‘Change your PS5 login password’, select it.
- It will ask you for your current password, enter it, then enter the new password and press ‘OK’.
What are the alternatives to protect user account?
Apart from the user password, the PS5 offers other options that can help you to make your account more secure, you can use it in conjunction with the password to improve privacy or simply as a general method of protection, it will depend on what you want. We will show you below what the options are.
- Enable two-step verification
- Log in to your PlayStation 5 user and open the Settings menu.
- Then enter ‘Users and Accounts’. Click on Accounts and then ‘Security’.
- In the menu that will open select the ‘Two-step verification’.
- Now you will have to choose a verification method, it can be a text message or from the mobile application.
- If you choose the text message option you have to enter a phone number to which you have access, press Next after entering it and then enter the code sent to you by text message.
- Then you will be presented with a new series of codes that you must write down and save because at a later time and in case you do not have your phone near you to get a message you can use those codes.
- Once you have written them down, confirm in PS5 by checking the box and press ‘Done’.
- Now you will have activated the two-step verification, to complete the process you have to log in PlayStation Network, when you do it you will receive a code by text message that you have to enter and that’s it, you can be sure that the two-step verification is ready.
Configure parental control
The parental control is an important and necessary option when you have children playing with the PlayStation at home. The parental control will allow the parents to have power over the things that the children can see; that is to say, that they consume content appropriate to their age and it also limits the contact that they can have with unknown friends. To configure this option you just have to follow the steps below.
- Log into your PlayStation 5 and select the Settings menu.
- Scroll through the options until you get the one that says ‘Family and Parental Controls’, press it to select it.
- Select the option ‘PS5 Console Restrictions’, this will open a box where you must enter the restrictions code: 0000.
- Now you will see all the options offered by the parental control and configure them to your liking. You will be able to activate from there the main mode.
- Game time limit
- Setting a game time limit is necessary to prevent your console from falling into suspended access. To activate it you have to go to the ‘Family and Parental Controls’ menu and from there locate the Family Management option, scan the QR code presented to you, enter the PlayStation Network data and confirm the time zone, after this you will be able to set the time limit.
First you have to go to the Settings of the application, then select the Users and Accounts option, scroll through the new options until you get the Session Settings Configuration function and disable the ‘Sign in to PS5 automatically’ option by pressing on the lever on the right.
How do I reset my PlayStation password?
This is pretty easy, just go to the Account Management menu, click on the question Are you having trouble logging in? Click on Reset password and enter your email address and a confirmation email will be sent to you from which you can change your password. If the email does not arrive you can get information about it from the official PlayStation website.