Want to know how you can create folders in Telegram chats into folders? Here’s how to do it
Telegram is one of the messaging apps that have more tools to make our conversations easier. If you have many chats or you like to have everything organized we show you how to create folders in Telegram.
Telegram is currently the eighth-most downloaded app worldwide. Although it is not the most used messaging service because so far WhatsApp is still leading the ranking, it is one of the most interesting messaging platforms in terms of the multiple functions it has for the user.
In addition, Telegram is one of the apps that most protect user privacy with functions, for example, such as self-destruction of messages or “end” to “end” encryption.
Among the useful tools that Telegram has for the user is the ability to send uncompressed photos, activate the dark mode to reduce eyestrain or function of being able to create your gifs.
Another of the tools that make Telegram much more attractive is the one that allows you to keep your conversations organized within the app by saving them in folders. If you do not know how to create folders in Telegram we tell you all the steps to follow to learn it.
Table of Contents
How to create folders of chats in Telegram
- To learn how to create folders in Telegram where you store your chats the first thing you have to do is open the app.
- The list of conversations will then appear. Now you have to go to the “Settings” section.
- If you have a mobile with iOS to enter “Settings” you must click on the icon of your profile picture that you have at the bottom right of the screen.
- If, on the other hand, you have an Android cell phone, click on the three little lines at the top left of the screen.
- Once inside “Settings” click on “Folders” and on the “Create new folder” button.
- Now you have to customize it by entering the name of the folder, the chats you want to include in it, and the chats that will never be stored in that folder.
- Once you have chosen the included and excluded chats click on “Done”.
- You will return to the folder screen and finally just click on “Create”.
- The folder will be created and will appear in the “Folders” section under “Settings”.
- If you need to change the name and delete it you can do it later by clicking on the “Edit” button.
- When you return to the list of chats you will have several tabs below the search box.
- The first one is a list of all chats and then you will have tabs for each of the folders with a number indicating the number of conversations inside.
How to organize files in telegram
You already know how to create folders in Telegram or what is the same as how to organize files in Telegram. As you have seen above is a very easy process that is managed from the “Settings” section of the application.
In addition, you can add a chat to a folder individually. To do this you must, without entering the conversation, press and hold the chat from the list. In the menu that appears you must choose “Add to folder”. You will then see a list of folders where you only have to choose the one in which you want to save it.
The fact that the creation of folders can be customized by adding the name and the chats, gives many possibilities. Thus, you can make folders, for example, of family members where you can save all their chats, or of co-workers.
You can also make folders with Telegram bots depending on what those bots deal with if they are for example news or shopping. Something very useful is also to create folders with the least used chats.