WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messaging applications worldwide, its main feature is that you register a mobile number, but have you ever wondered if WhatsApp can be used with a landline number? The answer is yes, and we will tell you how you can do it.
When we register and activate a WhatsApp account for the first time we are forced to enter a mobile number so that we can verify the registration of the number in the app. The thing changes when we want to do it from a landline number.
WhatsApp Business will help us in the process of creating a WhatsApp account with a landline number, as this version of WhatsApp is intended for businesses, which has some aspects and functions very different from WhatsApp as, for example, the bots among others.
Create a WhatsApp account with your landline
Maybe by necessity or because we do not want to register our mobile number in a WhatsApp Business account we can do it with our landline number, you must follow these steps to get this WhatsApp trick:
- The first step will be to download the WhatsApp Business app on our mobile.
- When installing WhatsApp Business on our mobile, the app itself will detect our mobile number, but we will have to click on “Use a different number”.
- Then when we open it we will have to add our landline number to verify the account, here lies the problem, because WhatsApp will automatically send an SMS to the landline.
- As a landline number cannot receive SMS, we will have to force the call to complete the verification of the WhatsApp account, we will have to wait about a minute to be able to request the call.
- We click on “Call me” and now we will hear a voice that will tell us the six-digit code we need to verify our WhatsApp account.
- Once all the previous steps have been completed, we will be able to have our WhatsApp account with a fixed phone number to be able to give it to the customers or users we want and have two WhatsApp accounts at the same time.