Learn how to add a signature to my Outlook email messages. The current email platforms have functions to add a signature to messages, including Outlook, where it is possible to modify the configuration of the messages so that a signature is automatically added at the end of them.
Email signatures are messages with essential personal information, such as name, contact number, company and other data. With this tutorial you will learn how to add signatures to your Outlook emails.
Steps to create my own Outlook email signature
Anyone can create a personalized signature to make emails look more stylish and professional, the steps to do so are very simple, proceed with the following instructions to learn how to do it:
- Open your Outlook Hotmail email from its web page and log in to your account, on the main page of your email go towards the gear icon on the top right menu.
- You will see a new side panel pop up where you will have to click on the last option called View all Outlook settings.
- A new tab will be displayed where you will have to click on the ‘Mail’ section. Then, in the menu next to it, click on the ‘Compose and reply’ option.
- In this section click on ‘New signature’ with the plus sign (+) and you will be able to start creating your own signature to personalize your e-mails.
When creating a signature in an Outlook email, Outlook offers different options to customize the signature, with these steps you will be able to do it manually and as you prefer:
- Go to your Outlook email and on the Outlook home page click on ‘Settings’ in the upper right corner.
- A new menu with different options will appear, look for and click on ‘View all Outlook settings’.
- In the ‘Settings’ tab go to the ‘Mail’ option and then to Compose and reply. Click on the blue letters ‘New signature’ next to the plus sign.
- From here you can add the name of the signature, add bold words, change the font and font size, highlight words, underline text, among other tools. It offers several of the options you can find in Microsoft Word for text editing.
- Using clipart
Outlook offers predesigned templates and images to insert in the signatures created, with a simple option you can do it, follow these instructions to learn how:
- Enter your Hotmail email and log in and continuously press on the top gear icon.
- In the new menu that you will see click on the option View all Outlook settings that will direct you to a new tab.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ section and then on ‘Compose and reply’, then click on the option to create a new signature.
- In the lower toolbar you will see the ‘Image’ option where you can insert any image or logo you want and have on your device, you must first download them.
How do I save my signature in my Outlook email?
Once you have finished creating and editing the signature to your liking, click on the ‘Save’ button located on the lower right side. In the edit signature tab you can make various settings, such as deciding if you want the signature to be sent in all the messages you send or only when replying and forwarding messages, among other settings.
You can also add your signature manually only to the emails you want, to do this you must compose a new email in the ‘New Message’ option and in the email menu you will see three aligned dots, click on them and then on ‘Insert signature’. In this way you will only add your signature manually to the e-mails you prefer.
How do I insert my pre-designed signature in an Outlook email message?
Outlook is available in the application for mobile devices, computers and in its web version. The above procedures are from the web version of Outlook, here you will see the procedures to insert a signature from the mobile application and desktop device (PC).
With the mobile application
It is important to note that from the mobile application the Outlook platform does not offer tools to edit the signatures as in its web version or from the computer, it is useful if you want to create simple signatures and without so many details, to do so run these steps:
- Install the Outlook application and access it once the download is finished, on the home screen of the application click on the Outlook icon located in the upper left corner.
- A new menu will appear where you will have to click on the lower gear icon called ‘Settings’.
- In the new tab you will see several options where you will click on ‘Signature’ represented by the icon of a pen writing.
On the new page you will be able to start writing and compose the new signature, when you finish click on the check symbol (✓) located in the upper right corner.
From the computer
As in the mobile application there is a version of Outlook to install on computers, from here the procedure varies a little in terms of the name of the options, with these steps you can create a signature in Outlook from the computer correctly:
- Enter your Outlook mail from the computer and in the top toolbar click on the ‘File’ option.
- Consequently a panel will be displayed where you will have to click on ‘Options’ in the new tab you must go to ‘Mail’ and then go to ‘Signatures’ on the right side of the screen.
- To create a new signature from the computer tap on the ‘New’ option and in the lower box you will be able to edit it.
- You can also modify existing signatures in the ‘Select signature to edit’ block in case you want to edit a previously created signature. When you have finished editing click on ‘OK’ and you are done.