Have you Found any Funny or Informational videos posted on Facebook? Even if Facebook does not offer it as standard, you can easily download videos from Facebook using an extension or an online service
How to download a Facebook video with a Chrome extension?
You can easily download videos from Facebook by adding a chrome extension to your web browser. There are several extensions available, for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, which also allow you to retrieve videos from other sites and social networks, including Instagram. Be careful, however, because some extensions may contain malware and virus
- Launch Chrome web browser and go to the Chrome web store to grab the Video Downloader Plus extension.
- Once you’re on the page, click on the Add to Chrome button
- A dialog box appears will at the top of your Chrome window to inform you of the accesses to be granted to the extension. Click Add Extension.
- The extension gets automatically and immediately activated. To access it, click the puzzle piece icon which appears to the right of the address field in your chrome web browser, then click Video Downloader Plus in the list that appears.
- To access it more quickly and simply later, click on the Pushpin icon which appears next to its name: the Video Downloader Plus icon, in the form of a green arrow on a black background, will appear at the top of the Chrome window, to the right of the address field.
- Still, in Chrome Browser, go to Facebook and go to your account.
- Search for videos on your wall or click the Watch link in the left column to see the latest videos.
- When you found a video you want to download, click on the double arrow button (Enlarge) at the bottom right of its thumbnail.
- If the video is bigger it takes time For the extension to detect it correctly, it is better to start reading it. Then click on the extension button, to the right of the address field.
- A menu appears with different download proposals for the image quality: high definition or standard quality
- Click on the Download button to the right of the line according to the desired quality.
- A new page will load, with your video on the center. Click on the three small dots in the right corner of the video.
- Click Download from the drop-down menu that appears on the site. The download will start immediately. You will find the recorded video file in your download folder.
Download Facebook video with Firefox Extension
- Launch Firefox on your system and go to the Firefox Browser Add-ons to grab the SaveFrom.net helper extension
- Click on the + Add to Firefox button.
- A dialog box will appear on the top of the Firefox window to inform you of the accesses to be granted to the extension. Click on Add Button.
- A final window will be displayed to inform you that the installation was successfully completed. Click on Got it.
- The extension is automatically and immediately activated. Its icon takes the form of a green arrow, to the right of the address field.
- Now in Firefox, go to Facebook and access your account. Search for videos posted on your wall or click the Watch link in the left column to see the latest videos.
- Now a Download button with a green arrow (or just the green arrow) automatically appears under Every video on Facebook. Click this button to easily download a video.
- A small drop-down menu will appear allowing you to choose between two image qualities, with the corresponding size: click on MP4 HD (high definition) or MP4 SD (standard definition) depending on the quality you prefer.
- The download will start immediately. When the download is finished, you will find the video file in MP4 format in your download folder.
How to download Facebook videos with an online service?
If you don’t want to add any extension to your web browser to download videos from Facebook, you can go through an online service. There are several online services available, among which Facebook Video Downloader, is simple and very effective.
- With any web browser, go to Facebook and login into your account.
- Browse your feed or click the Watch link in the left column to find more videos. When you’ve found a video you like, click Share at the bottom of its thumbnail. In the drop-down menu that opens, click the Copy link to store it in the clipboard
- Now, open a new tab and go to the Facebook Video Downloader site
- On the home page of the site, click on the field titled Enter Facebook Video Link… and paste the link of the Facebook video you copied, with a keyboard shortcut ( Ctrl + V on PC or Command + V on Mac) or by right-clicking and choosing Paste. Then click on the Download button on the site.
- The page loads and the preview of the video appears. Now, you have the choice between two image qualities: click on Download Video in HD Quality to download the video in high definition or on Download Video in Normal Quality to recover it in standard quality, in a smaller file.
- The page changes again and the video appears as a thumbnail in the middle of the page, automatically playing. Right-click on the image and from the pop-up menu that appears, choose Download Video or Save Video, depending on your web browser.
- A classic dialog box will open, letting you choose the download location and name of the video file you are going to download. Make your choices and click Save. The download starts immediately. When it is finished, you will find the saved video file in your usual download folder.